Thursday, January 7, 2016

Retired in Ann Arbor: Winter favorite things--

Nothing is better than a good fire in the fireplace,
especially lighting it in the afternoon on those cold and gloomy days-- 
Comfort and Joy tea, from The Republic of Tea--
This is only available during the holidays until it is gone,
so if you want to try it, get it now.  (Browse on-line, and buy local.)

Every year about this time, I have to go find this post to remember WHY I don't hate winter.  And here it is, from January 7, 2013.



 Winter is definitely not my favorite season, but when you live in the north, it's good to find things to like about it.
Through the years, I have found some things that can only really be enjoyed in the winter--
What's on your list?  I'm looking for more things to love, so help me out!
Fur shoes-- OK, so I know these have seen better days,
so maybe it's time for a replacement pair.  These are Merrill's Encore-- They come in fur, and boiled wool.  Perfect for long walks or sitting with your feet up in the house.  (Browse on-line, and buy local.)
Holiday decorations are mostly put away,
but I usually keep a couple favorite ones out for awhile longer
for afterglow!
It's fun to put a couple of feeders where you can see them--
and watch who comes in to eat

Get out your camera for the most beautiful dawn shots--
and bonus!  Dawn is at a reasonable time in the winter.

I'm always happy when Bell's Oberon taps are replaced by Bell's Winter White-- 




No comments:

Post a Comment